Friday, September 5, 2008

Embarrassing

Missouri State lost to the D-II Washburn Ichabods last night 35-27...the ICHABODS! Coach Allen said it was the worst team that he ever fielded for a game. I had to eat crow this morning to people I work with who are SIU Saluki fans. If you want to read all about the disasterous game, read the article at the News-Leader. I have heard that Coach Allen is the last chance to save the football Bears. Given his tract record, if he can't do it, I don't think anyone can. This is just sad. I can't discuss this any longer.

3 comments:

Matt said...

I completely agree, it is games like this that fuel the "get rid of the football program" fire.

I admit I have never been a strong supporter of football, I have not been to many games, but I don't want to see it go. Football is an important sport for a school. I just can't figure out why we seem to be so consistently bad at it.

Clint said...

I for one claim the Razor Backs as my football team....except for their cheer...I really really hate that stupid cheer. Anyways, if MSU cuts the program I for one, and I believe many students, wouldn't know the difference.

Martin said...

Figures - Justin writes a post about the MSU football program a few weeks back (the first time I think any of us have ever talked about MSU football, in person, email or blog form), and MSU goes out and has the worst loss in the history of the school this weekend.

Justin, I guess you were attempting to fan a flame of hope for this awful football program, but don't bother. I've tried before in the past, I've attempted to go to games, I've attempted to try to raise hopes and follow the team, and its always been pretty awful.

I'm w/ Clint - just abandon it, put more money into the basketball/baseball programs, and move on. No one will care.