Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Someone Had To

No one else within our little blog-a-sphere has not tackled the Brett Farve issue yet, so I thought I would chime in. I can't stand this guy. He is a whiny egomaniac. Every year, the media descends upon him for two months until he decides to come back and play. He can't just make a decision and loves the attention.

And he sucks. Last year was a fluke. The previous three years he was Five INT per game Farve (he legally had his name changed). This year, he is going to single handedly lose at least four games for whatever team he plays for.

How about Aaron Rodgers though? I think he is the sacrificial lamb for the Green Bay fans, but he has handled what has to be a horrible situation for him with class. I hope he shuts up all of the Farve apologists and has a great season...but I will not draft him for my fantasy teams.

2 comments:

Martin said...

In 2 of the 3 career games Rodgers has played any significant time (i.e. not garbage time), he's suffered season-ending injuries.
Compare that to Favre and his 900 or whatever consecutive games played. An aging Brett Favre is still head and shoulders above A. Rodgers for this Packers team.
So yeah, the Packers are in trouble. I predict that the two rookie backups (Braum and Flynn, I think), play more snaps than Rodgers this year.

Matt said...

I used to be a Favre fan, not any kind of fanatic, he doesn't play for my team, but a supporter.

I have to agree though, all of this nonsense has really made me not like the guy. He could have cooled off for a few weeks and decided not to retire, or at least decide *before* the draft to come back. He waited too late and the team had spent months without him...he got what he deserved.

On a side note, I heard the Jet's play by play guy saying that this would make them a sure playoff team. From 4-12 to playoffs? In that division? Someone is drinking the Kool-Aid.